The competition is now closed.
Research shows life really does begin in your forties!
According to our research, life really does begin in your forties; with more trips away, healthier relationships and a more adventurous spirit all contributing to a better, happier lifestyle!
That’s why we’re looking for the UK’s most adventurous over-40 to become our official CEO – or Chief Exploration Officer – and get paid to test exciting outdoor activities close to our beautiful campsites.
The lucky applicant will receive a salary of £500 as well as a fun-filled itinerary of activities to try out throughout the summer, including a free pitch at three of our campsites; Holmsley and Ashurst campsites in the New Forest, and Bracelands campsite in the Forest of Dean.
There will be a host of outdoor activities to choose from, including:
- Treetop walks
Open water swimming
So, if you love exploring new places and think walking boots were made to be muddy, we would love to hear from you! Simply fill out the entry form on this page, and let us know what makes you an adventurous over 40-year-old.
Entries closes on 26 May 2021. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 40 or over only. Employees of Camping in the Forest, their families, agencies or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter
- The competition starts at 12:00 on 05/05/21 and finishes at 12:00 on 26/05/21
- To enter, entrants must visit and fill in the entry form, including why they should be selected as the winner
- The winner will be required to visit the Bracelands Campsite in the Forest of Dean and Ashurst Campsite and Hollands Wood Campsite between 21/06/21 and 04/07/21
- The winner will be permitted to bring one additional person with them on each visit (one adult over 16 years old)
- The campsite stay will include a free pitch at each site. The winner must provide their own accommodation, including a tent, campervan or caravan
- The winner must provide their own travel arrangements and associated costs for travel to and from each location and during the term of their stay
- Outdoor activities will include, but not limited to, guided walks, horse riding, canoeing, kayaking, cycling, open water swimming, archery, axe throwing, paddle boarding and cave diving
- All outdoor activities are optional and will be agreed between the winner and the Promoter at a later date
- The winner must document their visits, including videography, photography and content to be included on the Camping in the Forest website and social channels. The winner will also be required to complete a short review form on the fulfilment of the role
- By entering the competition, you consent to your entry and any supporting content (including images, video and social media content) to be used by the Promoter for PR and marketing purposes
- One winner will be selected at random from all valid entries, and will receive a £500 cash prize and a free pitch at the three campsites
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 7 days, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions. Subject to any dates set out above, in any event the prize must be claimed and taken within six months of the closing date
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered save for in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original
- By entering this promotion, you have provided your personal information (name, email address, and date of birth) to the Promoter who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into with the Promoter by entering the promotion
- By entering the competition, you agree to Camping in the Forest contacting you by any contact details provided. Camping in the Forest respects your privacy and will not share your details with any third party
- This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in the promotion. Promoter: The Camping and Caravanning Club, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry. CV4 8JH